This Policy was last updated on 10/05/2022.
WHO is Responsible for Processing Your Personal Data?
WHAT Personal Data Do We Collect and When?
We ask you for certain personal data to provide you with the products or services you request. For example, when you make purchases, contact our consumer services, request to receive communications, create an account, participate in our events or contests, or use our Platform.
This personal data includes your:
- contact details including name, email, telephone number and shipping, billing address.
- login and account information, including screen name, password and unique user ID;
- personal details including gender, address, date of birth and purchase history;
- payment or credit card information;
- images, photos and videos;
- personal preferences including your wish list as well as marketing preferences;
When interacting with our Platform, certain data is automatically collected from your device or web browser. More information about these practices is included in the “Cookies Policy”. This data includes:
- Device IDs, call state, network access, storage information and battery information;
- Cookies, IP addresses, referrer headers, data identifying your web browser and version, web beacons, tags and interactions with our Platform.
We comply with local laws and do not allow children to register on our Platform when they are under the legal age limit of 16. We therefore do not knowingly collect personal information online from children under the age of 16.
TOOLS to Manage What Personal Data We Collect
When using our Platform, we also provide in-time notice or obtain consent for certain practices. We may obtain this consent through the Platform or using the standard permissions available on your device.
In many cases, your web browser or mobile device platform will provide additional tools to allow you to control when your device collects or shares particular categories of personal data. For example, your mobile device or web browser may offer tools to allow you to manage cookie usage or location sharing. We encourage you to familiarize yourself with and use the tools available on your devices.
WHY and HOW Do We Use Your Personal Data?
We use your personal data in the following ways:
To Provide the Features of the Platform and the Services You Request
When you use our Platform, we will use your personal data to provide the requested product or service. For example, if you make a purchase on Nike Team Sport, or participate in an event or promotion, we will use the contact information you give us to communicate with you about the purchase, event or promotion. If you contact our consumer services, we will use information about you, such as delivery or payment information, or the product you have purchased to help you resolve a problem or question.
To Communicate Information about our Products, Services, Events and for Other Promotional Purposes
When you consent, we will send you marketing communications and news concerning Nike Team Sport’s products, services, events and other promotions that may be of interest to you. You can opt-out at any time after you have given your consent via your preferences.
If you are an existing customer of Nike Team Sport (for example, if you have placed an order with us), we may use the contact details you provided to send you marketing communications about similar Nike products or services, where permitted by applicable law (unless you have opted out). In other cases, we ask for your consent to send you marketing information.
We may use the information that you provide to us as well as information from other Nike Team Sport products or services - such as your use of the Platform - to personalise communications and advertisements regarding our products and services that may be of interest to you. For registered users, this may include data collected from your interactions with our Platform that are associated with your account across devices. In doing so, we may combine the information you provide to us with information that we create about your online activity, including internal insights and analysis.
To Operate, Improve and Maintain our Business, Products and Services
We use the personal data you provide to us to operate our business. For example, when you make a purchase, we use that information for accounting, audits, and other internal functions. We may use personal data about how you use our products and services to enhance your user experience and to help us diagnose technical and service problems and administer our Platform.
To Protect Our or Others' Rights, Property or Safety
For General Research and Analysis Purposes
We use data about how our visitors use our Platform to understand customer behaviour or preferences. For example, we may use information about how visitors to Niketeamsport.com search for and find products to better understand the best ways to organize and present product offerings in our storefront.
We may also use your personal data in other ways and will provide specific notice at the time of collection and obtain your consent where necessary.
To process your personal data, we rely on certain lawful basis, depending on how you interact with our Platform. If we do process your personal data, we may use one or more of the following lawful bases for processing:
Consent: We may process your personal data where we have obtained your prior, express consent to the processing (this legal basis is only used in relation to processing that is entirely voluntary – it is not used for processing that is necessary or obligatory in any way);
Contractual: We may process your personal data where the processing is necessary in connection with any contract that you may enter into with us (e.g when you purchase Nike Team Sport products from our Platform, we need your personal data to fulfill our contract with you);
Compliance with applicable law: We may process your personal data where the processing is required by applicable law;
Vital interests: We may process your personal data where the processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of any individual; or
Legitimate interests: We may process your personal data where we have a legitimate interest in carrying out the processing for the purpose of managing, operating or promoting our business, and that legitimate interest is not overridden by your interests, fundamental rights, or freedoms (e.g legitimate interests as a business to process information about the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns, our products, services and other promotional initiatives; to operate, improve and maintain our business, products and services; to protect our or others' rights, property or safety; and for general research and analysis purposes).
SHARING of Your Personal Data
We may share your personal data with other organisations in the following circumstances:
- If the law or a public authority says we must share the personal data;
- If we need to share personal data in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (this includes providing personal data to others for the purposes of preventing fraud and reducing credit risk);
- We use third party service providers who provide elements of services for us, for example to process credit cards and payments, shipping and deliveries, host, manage and service our data, distribute emails, research and analysis, advertising, analytics, manage brand and product promotions as well as administering certain services and features. When using service providers, we enter into agreements that require them to implement appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your personal data. A list of our third-party service providers can be found by requesting this via our Nike Team Sport Privacy Webform. Each independent data controller is responsible for protecting your information when it is under their control, and you may exercise your rights by contacting them directly, as set out in their Privacy Policies.
- Zelus companies, subsidiaries, and affiliated companies.
- Nike entities for the purposes and under the conditions outlined above. This includes Nike Inc. its parent companies, subsidiaries, and affiliated companies.
- To any other third party where you have provided your consent.
- We may also transfer personal data we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a reorganization, spin-off, dissolution or liquidation).
- Third-party targeted advertising providers that provide personalisation ad tailored advertising services to us. We use such services to match aggregated information that we hold with personal data in their database to create custom audiences and tailor advertising to your interests on the Internet, including social media, as permitted by applicable law. You may opt-out of personalised advertising and custom audiences by using the relevant settings in our Platform.
- We do not sell your personal data.
When you use certain social features on our Platform, you can create a public profile that may include information such as your screen name, profile picture and hometown. You can also share content with your friends or the public, including information about your activity. We encourage you to use the tools we provide for managing Nike Team Sport social sharing to control what information you make available through social features.
PROTECTION and MANAGEMENT of your Account and Personal Data
If you decide to sign up and open an account with Nike Team Sport you can manage your information, settings, content and notifications within your account.
Managing your content: You can request removal of your posted User Generated Content on the Platform, but please note that removal may not encompass all possible locations, for example, back-ups or sharing by other users initiated prior to removal.
Managing your notifications: If you have a Nike Team Sport account, you can opt-out of receiving marketing communications by modifying the preferences in your account settings. Alternatively, you can opt-out by following the opt out or unsubscribe instructions in the message or by contacting us.
Retention of your Personal Data
You have the right to request: (i) access to your personal data; (ii) an electronic copy of your personal data (portability) and to have this information transmitted to another company; (iii) correction of your personal data if it is incomplete or inaccurate; or (iv) deletion or restriction of your personal data in certain circumstances provided by applicable law. These rights are not absolute. Where we have obtained your consent for the processing of your personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. If you like would to request a copy of your personal data or exercise any of your other rights, please use our Nike Team Sport Privacy Webform.
Opting Out of Direct Marketing
If you have a Nike Team Sport account, you can opt-out of receiving Nike Team Sport’s marketing communications by modifying your account preferences. You can also opt-out by modifying your email subscriptions by clicking on the unsubscribe link or following the opt-out instructions included in the message. You can also contact us using the contact details in the help centre on our Platform.
For more information about your privacy rights:
The Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) regulates data protection and privacy matters in the UK. They make a lot of information accessible to consumers on their website and they ensure that the registered details of all data controllers such as ourselves are available publicly. You can access them here https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public.
You can make a complaint to the ICO at any time about the way we use your information. If you are based in an EU member state or an EEA country, you have the right to make a complaint at any time to the relevant supervisory authority in the country where you live. However, we hope that you would consider raising any issue or complaint you have with us first. Your satisfaction is extremely important to us, and we will always do our very best to solve any problems you may have.
Data security is of great importance to Nike Team Sport and to protect your data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure your collected data.
We take security measures to protect your information including:
- Limiting access to our buildings to those that we have determined are entitled to be there (by use of passes, key card access and other related technologies);
- Implementing access controls to our information technology;
- We use appropriate procedures and technical security measures (including strict encryption, anonymisation and archiving techniques) to safeguard your information across all our computer systems, networks, websites, mobile apps, offices and stores; and
- Never asking you for your passwords.
Despite our efforts, no website, mobile application, database or system is completely secure or “hacker proof.” You can help keep your data safe by taking reasonable steps to protect your personal information against unauthorized disclosure or misuse.
USING the Ecommerce Platform with Third-Party Products and Services
Our Platform may provide links to other (third-party) websites and apps for your convenience or information. Linked sites and apps have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly encourage you to review. To the extent any linked websites or apps are not owned or controlled by Nike Team Sport, we are not responsible for their content, any use of the websites or apps, or the privacy practices of the websites or apps.
QUESTIONS and Contact Details
If you would like to provide feedback or if you have questions or concerns or wish to exercise one of your rights related to your personal data, please contact:
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By post: Olympia 6 A, 1213NP Hilversum, NL
Our Data Protection Officer's details are: DPO@zelus.com.
If you contact us with a privacy complaint it will be assessed with the aim of resolving the issue in a timely and effective manner. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority in the country in which you reside.